Make a real difference to peoples lives by joining Patricia White's as a Care Assistant on a self-employed basis. We're looking for dedicated, self-employed carers.
Get paid between £39.80 - £47.80 per 2 hours. Refer-a-friend and get paid £250 in vouchers.
As a Patricia White's carer, you will be responsible for working independently and unsupervised in the client’s home, and so the ability to cope with various degrees of dependency and medical needs is paramount. Not only must you be a competent carer, but you should also be able to fit in seamlessly with our clients' home life. Alongside servicing a client’s care needs, you will be responsible for ensuring the client is safe, secure, comfortable and happy in their home. Part of this will entail preparing a client’s favourite, nutritious meal or carrying out household tasks around the home. Our clients have varying degrees of dependency and medical needs. At this time, we cannot offer companionship only roles, so you will need to have at least 6 months’ experience and the relevant training certificates.
What we offer,
- Competitive pay rate of £39.80 - £47.80 per 2 hours (Visiting Care - London)
- Flexible working patterns and the choice of when you work
- Various assignment lengths offering flexible options to maintain a healthy work-life balance
- Friendly support from our dedicated Customer Relations Executives
- The chance to receive £250 via BACS transfer for every new carer you recommend to Patricia White's who starts to work with us
What we're looking for,
If you meet the following criteria, we would love to hear from you,
- Well-spoken, and fluent in written and spoken English
- Organised, with effective communication and reporting skills
- Happy to provide care for clients, including those with dementia. We cannot offer companionship only roles at this time.
- Ability to cope with demanding daily routines and household tasks.
- Good cooking skills and have experience running and maintaining a home.
- Whilst we have pet free homes, many of our clients have pets. This is desirable but not compulsory.
- Hold a valid driving license. This is desirable but not compulsory.
- Respect clients' personal space and belongings
Compliance requirements and experience:
- Provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK
- Agree to complete the relevant DBS / PVG checks
- Have a minimum of 6 months' experience in a regulated care environment
- Be self-employed with two professional references, one from a current or previous employer
- Evidence professional development and any training certificates
The training required to become a Patricia White's carer is:
- Manual Handling
- Basic First Aid
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults
Night care option may be available between 9pm and 7 am.
Once you’ve been accepted as a Patricia White's carer, we will discuss and agree with you as to which level you are most suited.
Apply now to begin your journey as a self-employed Visiting Care Assistant.